The Bottom Line
- First comprehensive guide to Hawaii dining
- Full page reviews on each restaurant
- Good overview of Hawaiian cuisine
- Updates Available for 2008
- Some excellent restaurants are overlooked
- Would prefer more "off the beaten track" dining.
- Full page reviews of over 400 of the best restaurants throughout each of the major Hawaiian Islands.
- Each review contains restaurant's address, phone number, website, hours, and charge cards accepted.
- Sample menus for all meals served with prices at the time of publication for each restaurant.
- Overall impression of each restaurant provided by the authors.
- Alphabetical table of contents by island as well as a separate index by region of each major island.
- Excellent overviews of the various cuisines of Hawaii.
- Fine Hawiian fish and seafood glossary.
- Food and cultural terms glossary.
- Revised and Updated in the Fall of 2005
- $19.95 plus $5.95 shipping directly from the Publisher.
Guide Review - Hawaii Restaurant Guide 2005 - Book Review
With over 3500 dining establishments throughout the islands it's no surprise that you might be overwhelmed.
Authors Robert and Cindy Carpenter have done a fine job in trying to narrow your choices by identifying what they consider to be the best restaurants on each of the major Hawaiian Islands.
Do they include all of your Guide's favorites? No, they don't, but they do include many of them.
Interestingly, their website encourages you to contact the authors, so let them know what you think they've gotten right and what they may have missed.