Part of the fun, and challenge of a vacation to Hawaii is planning your trip. Book your own airfare and you can save yourself some money.
Time Required: two to three hours
- Coordinate the availability of your lodging with the best airfare deals you can find.
- The earlier you book ahead the better the chance that you will find a lower price for the dates you wish to travel.
- Fly Mondays-Thursdays if possible to get the best airfare deals.
- Check the websites of the major airlines and play around with their Quick Fare Finders trying different dates and times.
- Pick your seat using the available seating charts.
- Either book online or call the airline and follow along on the Internet as they book your flight just as you have selected.
- Take a look at a service like Orbitz, Expedia, or Travelocity.
- If you're flexible on time and airline try one of the Internet services like Priceline.com or Lowestfare.com.
- If you have sufficient frequent flier miles consider using them for your Hawaii trip. A travel agent cannot book trips using frequent flier miles.
- Remember that you can also use frequent flier miles for inter-island airfare as well on Aloha Airlines or Hawaiian Airlines.
- Hawaii is one of the world's most popular destinations. Plan well ahead.
- Unless you're using frequent flier miles, be flexible as to which airline you fly on.
- Use frequent flier miles whenever possible to save big bucks.