Made with the freshest raw ahi tuna, ahi poke makes a great pupu (appetizer) for any meal.
This recipe for ahi poke was presented on ABC's Good Morning America with Chef Emeril Lagasse.
- 1 and 1/4 pound fresh ahi, cubed into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp. limu kohu, chopped (a soft, reddish-brown variety of seaweed, prized for its succulent flavor.)
- 1 tbsp. Inamona (the ground innards from roasted kukui nuts)
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
Combine all ingredients. Mix well and chill.
Make this on the day of use.
Ahi Poke is served as a pupu or appetizer at most luaus and Hawaiian dinners.
See links to two additional ahi poke recipes below