Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
- 1/2 cup roasted macadamia nuts
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, drained
- 3 Tbsp. Oils of Aloha® Garlic Isle Macadamia Nut Oil
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 10 medium basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crispy Pitas (recipe follows)
- CRISPY PITAS
- 4 large pitas
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. Oils of Aloha® Garlic Isle Macadamia Nut Oil
Cut each pita into six wedges. In a small bowl combine lemon pepper and cumin. Place pita wedges on a baking sheet and brush with the macadamia nut oil. Sprinkle with spice mixture. Broil pitas until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Makes 24.
Macadamia Nut Hummus
In a food processor combine all ingredients, except pitas, and pulse to purée. Serve as a spread on Crispy Pitas or as a dip for vegetables. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
This recipe for Macadamia Nut Hummus was invented by Oils of Aloha which makes the best macadamia nut oil available.