A delicious pupu (appetizer) Polynesian Chicken can also be made for a main course.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 18 (10-inch) bamboo skewers*
- 1/2 cup bottled teriyaki 1/2 cup bottled teriyaki marinade with added honey and pineapple* *
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger root
- 1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 tbs. toasted sesame seeds
- * Soak bamboo skewers in water 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- * * Lowrey's Teriyake Marinade works well. Just add a 2 tbs of honey and 1/4 cup pineapple juice
Cut chicken into strips about 1 inch wide. Thread chicken onto skewers. In a bowl combine the teriyake marinade, honey, pineapple juice, ginger, sesame oil and garlic. Brush this mixture onto all sides of the chicken. Grill skewers 4 to 5 inches from hot coals or on gas grill, 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center, turning skewers over once and brushing with remaining glaze. (Or broil skewers 6 to 8 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center, turning over once and brushing with remaining glaze). Sprinkle both sides of skewers thoroughly with sesame seed. Makes 6 appetizer servings.