Whether looking for weeklong relaxation and rejuvenation, quality time with family, romantic seclusion or adventure, Kona Village Resort on Hawaii's Big Island can provide every guest their dreamed-of vacation.
Rooms at Kona Village Resort are 125 individual thatched-roof bungalows called hale (ha-lay). Situated on 82 acres hugging the black and white sand beaches of scenic Kahuwai Bay, the resort's idyllic tropical setting provides an unparalleled sense of place.
All rates at Kona Village Resort include three island-inspired meals daily, with oceanfront dining, Paniolo Night, award-winning aha'aina (luau) dinner & show each Wednesday and Friday, flower lei and fruit punch arrival greeting, fitness center and tennis court use, two freshwater swimming pools, numerous water activities including snorkeling gear, in room complimentary 100% Kona Coffee and refrigerated beverages and a daily children's program, (except May 1-25 and September 4-30, 2007).
The following packages offer value-added options to further customize every stay to meet each individual traveler's dreams of barefoot luxury.
Village AdventureGuests may personalize their stay with Kona Village Resort's Village Adventure Package. This package is perfect for girlfriend getaways, couples looking for added adventure options, or families looking for the perfect mix of fun for every age group. Guests receive:
- Roundtrip transfers from Kona International Airport
- Welcome Amenity
- Selection of options such as massage, hula, ukulele or tennis lessons, scooter snorkel, convertible rental car, dinner on the beach and more
- Each package is allotted eight credits per stay. Activities may be repeated as often as preferred up to eight credits. Car rental, intro diving, 2-tank dive, windsurf and sailing lessons and dinner on the beach are each two credits. Other options such as massage, sunset cruise, scooter snorkel, tennis, outrigger canoe, hula or ukulele lesson and resort boutique credit are each one credit.
2007 Romance & Celebrations PackageIn addition to their many daily rate inclusions, the three-night Romance & Celebrations Package, beginning at $1900 for two, includes:
- Welcome bottle of Champagne
- Thursday evening Honeymooner's Cocktail Reception
- An enchanting line-art drawing of guest's hale
Retreat/Reunion PackageKona Village Resort's Retreat Package, based on a minimum booking of eight hale for four nights, includes all customary resort amenities plus:
- Complimentary use of Hale Samoa or Hale Hookipa for meetings or private family gatherings
- To really "think outside the box," the resort will even set up any gathering right on the beach for a toes-in- the-sand approach to creativity or family "togethering."
Dive The Village PackageExplore the wonders of the underwater world of Kahuwai Bay within steps of every hale at Kona Village Resort. More than 30 pristine dive locations are within minutes of the sandy beach at Kona Village. In addition to the many inclusions with every guest room, the seven-night Dive package also includes:
- Boat excursions for two 2-tank dives
- Two scooter dives
- One night dive
- Choice of snorkel dolphin adventure tour, private tennis lesson or 50-minute Kona Village Spa massage
About Kona Village ResortKona Village Resort, which opened in 1965, is Hawaii's iconic resort of barefoot luxury and Hawaiian ho'okipa (hospitality).
Once the site of an ancient Hawaiian fishing village, the resort is popular among families, honeymooners and all in between, and now occupies 82 private acres along the Big Island's Kohala Coast.
It is home to 125 thatched-roof bungalows called hale (pronounced ha-lay), nestled around lush lagoons and pristine white and black sand beaches. Fronting the marine preserve of Kahuwai Bay, guests enjoy snorkeling and diving with spectacular viewing of Hawaii's dazzling marine life. Rates include oceanfront dining with island-inspired meals and numerous activities and water sports.
A centuries-old petroglyph field of ancient markings reflects the area's history. Kona International Airport is a brief 10- minute drive away and a world apart.
Kona Village Resort is unplugged, with no telephones, televisions or radios to interrupt the keen sense of place. It has been rated in 2006 among Hawaii's top 25 best hotels by Travel+Leisure Magazine, on Conde Nast Traveler's "World's Best Places to Stay" and listed by Forbes.com among the top ten luxury family resorts in the U. S.
Non-package rates at Kona Village Resort begin at $625 per night for two persons, again, with the many inclusions not found at any other resort in Hawaii. Two-room suites, Royal category, for three persons are $1,400 per night.
Nightly rate for additional guests is based on guest age. From May 1-25, 2007 and September 4 -30, 2007, all additional guests are $240 each. No children's activities or programs are scheduled during these periods. All rates are effective through December 21, 2007 and are subject to availability and to change without notice. Taxes, alcoholic beverages and gratuities are not included
Our thanks to Vicky Kometani of Current Events for providing us with this information.