The Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa is located on the southern end of Ka'anapali Beach within the Ka'anapali Beach Resort community which includes the Ka'anapali Golf Courses and Whaler’s Village Shops and Restaurants.
Voted as the top resort in Ka'anapali by the readers of Travel + Leisure in their World's Best Awards 2012, the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa is known for its great location, family friendly staff and activities and unsurpassed luxury.
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa
200 Nohea Kai Drive
Lahaina, HI 96761-1985
Guest fax: 1-808-667-4498
ADA Rooms Available
First Opened - 1980
Location and Transportation:
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa is situated on 40 lush, landscaped beachfront acres acres on the West Maui coast, along the southern section of Ka'anapali Beach, one of the top beaches in America as selected by Dr. Stephen P. Leatherman a.k.a., "Dr. Beach."
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa is 27 miles and a 50-minute drive from the Kahului Airport and 4 miles and a 10 minute drive south of the Kapalua Airport.
The resort's accommodations consist of 806 guestrooms, including 31 suites. Of these there are 460 rooms with king size beds and sofabed, 316 rooms with double beds, and 57 Regency Club® rooms. There are 24 ADA accessible rooms. All guestrooms are non-smoking.
All accommodations offer a private lanai (balcony) with panoramic views; plasma television with remote control, cable movie channels, in-room pay movies and games; voice mail, two telephones per room, telephone with message light; computer hook-up, wireless high-speed Internet; individual climate control, air conditioning; full bath amenities; daily turn-down service available; iron / ironing board; iHome® alarm clock radio; mini-bar, in-room refrigerator and coffeemaker; and in-room safety-deposit box.
The resort has numerous dining and lounge venues which include fine dining options, breakfast buffets, casual poolside dining and one of Maui's top luaus.
- The resort's newest fine dining restaurant, Japengo, offers both indoor and outdoor patio seating with amazing views. The restaurant offers an eclectic menu of featuring Pacific Rim cuisine showcasing Asian-inspired flavors with a Hawaiian flair using the freshest in locally grown products as well as a fine sushi bar.
- Another new addition to the resort, Son'z Maui at Swan Court offers "classic cuisine for the next generation," featuring fresh local fish, chops, lobster and steaks and locally grown produce. In the mornings, the area is transformed into Swan Court Breakfast which offers a lavish breakfast buffet, along with an extensive menu of a la carte selections.
- A private, candlelit, oceanside dining experience in a secluded, oceanfront canopy, is a perfect option for couples seeking a romantic dinner.
- Open from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., the resort's casual poolside venue, 'Umalu, offers modern Hawaiian cuisine, a poolside bar, as well as a grab-and-go option in the Marketplace.
- Open from 6-11:00 a.m. daily, Halona Kai is the resort's coffee bar featuring Starbucks and Kona blend coffees including lattes, espressos and cappuccinos. Also available are freshly baked giant cinnamon rolls, oversized muffins, fresh fruits, breakfast sandwiches and assorted juices.
- Finally, the Drums of the Pacific Lu'au, is recognized as one of Maui's top luaus with one of the island's best luau buffets and top notch entertainment featuring authentic dances and music of old Hawaii, Samoa, Fiji, New Zealand, Tahiti, Tonga, and Rarotonga. As good as the entertainment is, the real star of this luau is the food. It is some of the best I've ever eaten at a luau in Hawaii.
Additional Resort Amenities
In addition to those previously mentioned the resort's amenities also include:
- 14 on-site gift shops
- 2,000-square-foot Regency Club® Lounge
- Business center and multilingual staff
- Camp Hyatt® fun and interactive programs for children
- Car rental desk
- Concierge, activities reservations
- Doctors on Call
- Helipad on hotel rooftop available
- In-room dining
- Late departure facilities
- Laundry / dry cleaning / self-service laundry facilities
- Microwaves available for $10 per day
- Rollaways and cribs available (complimentary)
- Safe-deposit boxes at front desk
- Valet parking and complimentary self-parking (a rarity on Maui)
The resort has two free-form pools divided by waterfalls, lava tube slide and rope bridge with an outdoor whirlpool and interactive children's pool. There is an extensive sundeck area surrounding the pools as well as 1,800 feet of white sand beach fronting the hotel. Kayaking, paddle boarding, scuba, surfing, and windsurfing are all available.
The Spa Moana and Moana Athletic Club is Hawaii's only oceanfront, 15,000-square-foot full-service spa, salon and 24-hour fitness center.
West Maui offers some of Hawaii's finest golf with the two 18-hole Ka'anapali Golf Course that are adjacent to the resort and the Kapalua Golf Courses which are located about 15 minutes north of the resort. The resort also has four tennis courts, a pro-center and an on-site tennis pro with lessons available.
The resort is known for its Tour of the Stars astronomy program.
The resort has recently completed a $21 million transformation which concluded with an extensive renovation of the lobby. This work included new pod-style registration and concierge desks, new lobby decor including the addition of three elegant chandeliers and an enhanced observation deck providing panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean.
Other updates include new wall finishes with colorful accents within guestroom corridors in the Atrium tower, new artwork and wood paneling in elevator lobbies, stone-clad stairways from the lobby level to the main pool deck, and new landscaping throughout the property.
Initial work included the updates to guestrooms and new restaurants which we have previously discussed.