Lau Lau, steamed boneless pork, chicken or beef salted and wrapped in taro or ti leaves, is a favorite at many Hawaiian luaus.
This recipe is courtesy of the Polynesian Cultural Center on Oahu. Hawaiian Lau Lau is served at their Ali'i Luau.
For more information on the Polynesian Cultural Luau Center Ali'i Luau visit their website.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours, 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 30 luau leaves
- 6 large ti leaves
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 lb belly pork boneless pork chops, cut into 6 pieces
- 1/4 lb salted butterfish, cut into 6 pieces
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Hawaiian sea salt
- Toothpicks or rubber bands to seal